Craft a show of significance
Posted 7/25/2022 * We are NOT currently accepting applications for this role.
We value voice, integrity, and going above and beyond the status quo to deliver unique and rewarding podcast experiences clients and audiences love. We promote thought leadership, creative strategies and sustainability. Behind the scenes we are committed to kind, respectful communication; a high level of professionalism and quality in our craft; playing to individual strengths; personal and professional growth; and always maintaining our sense of humor.
We work with small to medium sized companies, non-profit organizations and entrepreneurs who are purpose-driven. Our clients span many industries including, but not limited to: arts & culture, education, health & wellness, mental health, social justice, sex education & lifestyle, financial services, wholesale distribution, sales & marketing, etc. The underlying common ground is that each client has a mission that shifts and uplifts the status quo in their niche.
Nuts & Bolts
You will be responsible for supporting clients and productions of The Creative Impostor Studios in a variety of ways, based upon the services provided for each show, and your particular skill set. Below is a wish list of responsibilities – let’s discuss where you shine, and what you’re willing to learn.
This role is a 1099 independent contractor, 100% remote. We will agree upon workflows and deadlines which will be tracked in Trello. We also use Dropbox and Google Drive for file sharing, and Descript, Canva, and Headliner for post templates and audiogram creation.
The weekly hours will vary – as we have some shows that are seasonal, some every other week, and some weekly. There may also be special projects. Estimated 5-8 hours per week to start. Monday, Tuesday, Friday are likely to be your busiest days.
We request (and incentivize) a 6-month minimum and ideally 1-year commitment to this role. We will have a 45-day trial period to mutually determine whether this is the right fit.
- Select audio clips and quotes from client content for micro-content on social platforms
- Create audiograms and other visual social media graphics via template in Canva, Headliner, and Descript
- Write social media captions, including hashtag research for select shows
- Assist with brainstorming social strategy and campaigns for clients – as well as implementation
- Edit & format email newsletters for CI Studios in ConvertKit
- Create & schedule emails for Power Your Story student apprentice program in ConvertKit
- Provide outreach & booking support for Andrea Klunder’s podcast guesting schedule via email & Calendly along with Podcast Manager
- Guest outreach & booking support for Podcast Envy and The Creative Impostor
- Weekly check-in via Zoom
- Create & update Standard Operating Procedures docs for all tasks as you go
- Other tasks & special projects as the opportunity arises
- An eye for graphic design – you can take a Canva template and help it to shine for the client’s brand
- An ear for compelling audio – you can hear quotes and clips that elevate the voices of our hosts & guests and get audience members thinking
- Master of repurposing content – how many different ways can you spin an episode?
- Meticulous attention to detail – you are opinionated about Oxford commas and generally pay great attention to spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Confidence navigating different voices for various clients in diverse industries and optimizing approaches for Instagram vs Facebook vs TikTok vs Twitter vs LinkedIn
- Likes to stay up to date on trends and best practices
- Excellent and timely communication with the team and collaborators largely via email
- Individual accountability to meet deadlines, quality of work expectations, and ask questions when you have them
- Flexibility to step in where, how, and as needed within your capacity
- Google Workspace – Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc
- Hello Audio
This role is independent contractor status. Our rates are based on your experience and scope of our agreement. We are open to both retainer and hourly contracts.
We estimate this role to be about 5-8 hours per week to start (once you are fully onboarded) with room to grow based on your skills and our client roster. We anticipate the starting range to be between $100-250/week depending on scope and experience.
At 6 months, we offer a bonus of 1 week compensation, and 2 weeks at 12 months.
If you already have a method of tracking and invoicing that you already use with your clients, let’s discuss!
We seek to be an inclusive company and make team decisions that welcome the contributions you bring to the work based on education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We acknowledge that we are always learning and improving.